Speaking and listening are the foundations of communication. Many students have trouble learning English when they only focus on reading and writing.
My English classes are fast paced, fun, and packed with speaking and listening tasks, maximising the value you get for your time and money.
Classes are run online and in person (Leipzig, Germany), with private students or small groups. I can provide materials tailored for you, or can work with a textbook.
Contact me to ask questions or sign up for a class.
Home study tasks
English learning and teaching resources
- TeachingEnglish – resources for English teachers from the BBC.
- Englishpage.com – great, concise descriptions of various aspects of grammar.
- Englishclub.com – grammar tips, lessons plans and tasks for learning English.
- UsingEnglish.com – helpful for students and teachers.
- Writing prompts – encourages the writing habit with interesting prompts.
- Free English teaching podcasts – keep learning English outside regular classes.
- LearnEnglish Kids by the British Council – a great collection of activities, videos and flash games for young children learning English. The British Council also has sites for adults learning English and for teachers.
- Effortless English Blog – lesson plans, activities and videos for both teachers and students.
- TalkEnglish.com’s grammar basics – short and easy to read explanations of English grammar.
Just for teachers
Can’t fit the teacher development classes into your schedule? Look for business skills courses – often run in evenings – these skills are transferable to and from the educational setting.